BTH Staff work with each individual woman to develop a
Life Action Plan, consisting of the following:
- To find employment opportunities and maintain professionalism.
- To assist women with Educational goals and GED Preparation.
- Conflict Resolution- Assistance with conflict resolution in their personal and workplace
- Parenting- Instilling proper parental values
- Food Preparation- Learning about proper nutrition and food preparation.
- Literacy ? Some of the women have literacy problems, therefore BTH offers several
programs to assist them.
- Health Issues- BTH helps women take care of their bodies, including pre/post natal
for those women with/or expecting children.
- Candidates must be referred from a city agency or emergency/domestic violence shelter.
- Candidates may range in age from 18+ to 61 years.
- Candidates must be single females or single, pregnant females without dependent
- Recovering substance abusers must be verifiably drug-free for a minimum of 90 days
prior to admission, and be participating in a drug rehabilitative/counseling program.
OUR AFFILIATES AND FRIENDS
We are proud to recognize our affiliates and friends that help support our progress.
-Norfolk Homeless Consortium
-Union Mission Project Link
-The Dwelling Place
-National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice
-Department of Social Services
-Christ Unity Oceanside Church
-Bethel Praise and Worship
-St Mary's Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
-New Beginnings Christian Ministries
-Old Dominion University
-Norfolk State University
-The Ballentine Civic League Members